Saturday, January 26, 2008

Book Runner




If I haven't read the book, perhaps my emotional sentimentality would have been affected more by this film. However, this film misses a lot in terms of the internal voice that narrates the story in the novel, leaving the audience much to decipher what really is going on the in the head of Amir. Though the boy actors who portray Amir and Hassan are endearing in their parts, I do not feel that bond that needed to be established to really feel the guilt that Amir must have carried all his life.

Nevertheless, whether film or in book form, the story itself lends one to question the possibility of redemption and whether it is ever too late to be forgiven, even to oneself. Issues of tradition, honor, faith, and loyalty all make great themes in this tale. I myself would recommend the book.

No comments: